Moving to new place can be daunting. Your entire surroundings become different, things look and smell unusual and all the new sounds you hear grab your immediate attention. It takes a while to settle in and feel comfortable. But then one day you realise that the number 10 tram two streets away isn’t as noisy as you had once thought. Or that the ever changing graffiti doesn’t make you curious anymore. You start to know the opening times of all your new favourite shops and restaurants. You’re also meeting new people. A new running partner perhaps, or a group of like minded friends who will go to exhibitions and museums with you. After introductions have been made you start building relationships bit by bit. And then comes the moment where you look around yourself and it hits you: you are no longer the new kid. You’re part of the gang, of the city/village. Your new life has become your normal, everyday life.
Now, imagine, that this new place you are moving to is THE WEB! How daunting is that?
I posted my very first blog post back in november 2014 and I felt like I was stepping out onto a huge field filled with a massive amount of people. I wanted them to see me and hear me while they themselves were busy doing the same thing. So much noise. So many people.
Thank you Meredith at KaffeeundKuchen for nominating me for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award. It’s not an actual award but more a way to introduce yourself to the blog-reading world and then you nominate other bloggers to do the same. Introductions and building relationships. That’s what it’s all about really. Not feeling so daunted anymore.
Here’s what Meredith wanted to know about me:
1. What do you mostly blog about? Baking is my thing.
2. What is the best city you have travelled to and what are your recommended ‘must sees’ in that city? New York is definitely my favourite city to visit as a tourist. I recommend visiting the Moma, The Frick Collection and the UN building.
3. What 3 items do you always pack on a trip? Apart from my passport and credit card, I always bring a big scarf which serves a multitude op purposes, snacks because you never know when and where you will be stuck/delayed, a paper copy of flight/hotel/car rental confirmations because technology isn’t always reliable or available.
4. What is the best meal you’ve ever had and where did you have it? Last year we visited this place in Stockholm. The menu is blank. You are trusting the chef to make a meal for you based on what local produce he sourced that day. I can’t remember exactly what we had the experience was fabulous.
5. Which destination is on your ‘must see’ list? Why? I would love to visit Hong Kong. I lived there when I was a kid back in the late 80’s. I want to see it through adult eyes now.
6. What is your favourite way to spend a free weekend afternoon? With the kids at the Market Village in Neue Heimat.
7. Who would you pick to go on a cross-country road trip with you? Why? My other half P. Just because he is the only person I want to see and experience the entire world with.
8. What are your blogging goals for the coming year? Finding my ‘style’ and becoming more and more confident.
9. What’s your favourite blog post that you’ve written? I enjoyed this one the most because it made me feel like a teenager again.
10. What’s a new blogging skill that you’ve learned recently? Since blogging is still very new to me, I’m learning so much every week. But the thing I’m currently paying attention to is being more engaging with people through social media and commenting more on other blogs.
1. Dinner or desert? And what would it be?
2. Is blogging a fulltime occupation for you?
3. Why did you decide to blog?
4. How do you like your coffee?
5. I bake and blog about it. What would be the ultimate baking recipe you’d want me to try?
6. What was the last movie you saw that you hated or just didn’t get?
7. Did you ever buy something only to regret it the moment you got it home? What was it?
8. As a blogger how do you deal with writer’s block/not feeling inspired/stuck on ideas?
9. Do you ever take a break from blogging (you’re on holiday, dying with the flu, etc.)
10. How long can you go without checking your blog’s Twitter/FB/Instagram/homepage/etc. account and stats?
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link them in your post.
2. Answer the 10 questions you have been sent.
3. Come up with 10 questions of your own.
4. Spread the love and nominate up to 10 bloggers.
(Image from http://simplyhonestsimplyreal.com/2015/03/12/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award/)